BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 16, 2011

"You've made a hasty generalization, Robin. It's a bad habit to get into."

"Do not bear a grudge against others, but settle your differences with them, so that you will not commit a sin because of them. Do not take revenge on others or continue to hate them, but love your neighbors as you love yourself. I am the LORD."
-Leviticus 19: 17-18

How does one not bear a grudge against someone who dedicated their own life to making yours as miserable as possible at every turn?

It seems impossible and at times, it really brings me down. At every turn, she slaps in the face with some bogus bullshit that leaves me left sitting here wondering why I try so hard. But I try so hard, because it's the right thing to do. God would want me to continue to kill people with kindness, like I stated in my previous post. Then I find verses in the bible such as this one.

"Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant. If you plant in the field of natural desires, from it you will gather the harvest of death; if you plant in the field of the Spirit, from the Spirit you will gather the harvest of eternal life. So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest. So then, as often as we have the chance, we should do good to everyone, and especially to those who belong to your family in the faith."
-Galatians 6:7-1

See, now to me, that says, you will reap what you sow. Which to me means, that this said evil person doing wicked things, will get what is coming to her. Some day, after commiting all of her many sins, she will have to face God and explain to him why she's been commiting these awful acts and for what reason, she will not be able to give a good one, other then she was being vengeful and wicked.

I, on the other hand, commit many acts of kindness, because I know it is what God would want me to do. I need to move on from my anger and disappointment and realize that people are going to be the people they want, because God gave us free will. It is the consequences they will have to face when God stands before them.

There is nothing I can do to control these people commiting these sins. I can only control myself and I know that as long as I repent, God will forgive me for my sins and they will live in damnation, because she chose not to repent.

"Ahhh, there is an old saying, Dick. A sound mind and a sound body. A worthy goal."


D. Grayson...OUT!

0 comments: