BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 9, 2011

I like to think it is because our hearts are pure.

Buffalo, I already know how you are going to react to the following post, but eventually you will bend at my whim.

I've been doing a great deal of thinking lately. All my life, I have let people walk all over me and live rent-free in my mind as my mother would say. It drains me. I let them ruin my quality of life. So, one day, I woke up sick to my stomach. Not even wanting to get out of bed, because the stress in my life had completely consumed me. I made a conscious decision that this day was the end. I was no longer going to let people control my emotions and wreck my life. I found a motto and its been around since forever and it's one I want to live my life by.

Kill with kindness.

So simple and easy. And it took me awhile to not react in anger when I heard something I didn't like. Slowly but surely, I get better at controlling my reactions to situations and people.

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you. If anyone hits you on one cheek, let him hit the other one too; if someone takes your coat, let him have your shirt as well. Give to everyone who asks you for something, and when someone takes what is yours, do not ask for it back. Do for others just what you want them to do for you."
-Luke 6:27-31

It takes great restraint to keep from reacting, but I would like to live a much more pure life and one free of anger and useless emotions. I can not allow myself to become consumed, because it will only end up killing me in the end, which will mean, I let these people get the best of me.

So, kill with kindness and see how it makes you feel, because I feel so much better waking up each morning knowing that I'm the only who can control my life and how I live it.

"You're being cynical, Robin. To err is human, to forgive...divine."

D. Grayson...OUT!

0 comments: